Visitor visa (B visa) is available for those individuals who are coming to the US for a SHORT duration either to conduct business (B-1) or travel (B-2). Certain nations (most of Europe, Canada, Singapore, Japan) do not need a visa to enter US for a period of 90 days under the VISA WAIVER PROGRAM.
- The individual must come to the US for a short duration and return home after that objective is met.
- Hence, the individual has to show a foreign residence which he will go back to, and other significant ties (job, family, etc)
- The individual has enough financial resources to support himself and will not be a public burden. For a B-2 visa, an US sponsor can submit a I-134 affidavit of support. Non publicly traded companies are advised to include a financial statement of the business.
- The individual does not receive remuneration in the US for the business activity conducted
- The business conducted is legal
The individual has to apply at an American Embassy or Consulate in her home country.
Make an appointment, and take supporting documents and:
Fill out DS 160 online
Passport valid at least 6 months after the individual returns.