Visitor’s Visa

Visitor visa (B visa) is available for those individuals who are coming to the US for a SHORT duration either to conduct business (B-1) or travel (B-2). Certain nations (most of Europe, Canada, Singapore, Japan) do not need a visa to enter US for a period of 90 days under the VISA WAIVER PROGRAM.


  1. The individual must come to the US for a short duration and return home after that objective is met.
  2. Hence, the individual has to show a foreign residence which he will go back to, and other significant ties (job, family, etc)
  3. The individual has enough financial resources to support himself and will not be a public burden. For a B-2 visa, an US sponsor can submit a I-134 affidavit of support. Non publicly traded companies are advised to include a financial statement of the business.
  4. The individual does not receive remuneration in the US for the business activity conducted
  5. The business conducted is legal


The individual has to apply at an American Embassy or Consulate in her home country.

Make an appointment, and take supporting documents and:

Fill out DS 160 online

Passport valid at least 6 months after the individual returns.