1. Is the Citizenship and Immigration Service going to have the lottery first before submitting H-1B application?
Citizenship and Immigration Service said that New (FY 2021) H-1B registration will be available from March 1 to March 20, 2020. From what we understand, these dates are etched in stone, ie Employers will not be able to add, subtract or modify anyone/anything after March 20, 2020. (Note: this deadline is before the March 31-April 1st deadline in previous years).
2. Where will the registration be held?
Registration will be on an online portal on USCIS.gov. We are already registered and can register your employees.
Current Citizenship and Immigration Service fees is $10/- per employee-Only Employers can pay this fee
3. What information do you need:
If you are my client, I already have employer information. However, employer information required by Citizenship and Immigration Services includes:
1. Legal name of the prospective petitioning company or organization
2. Doing Business As
3. Employer identification number (EIN) of the prospective petitioning company or organization
4. Primary U.S. office address of a prospective petitioning company or organization
5. Legal name, title, and contact information (daytime phone number and email address) of the authorized signatory
1. Legal Name
3. Does the Employee have a master’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution of higher education? If so, what institution, what subject
4. date of birth
5. country of birth
6. country of citizenship
7. passport number
Please note though that we will also need the following information:
For third party vendors: Job duration
Employee’s educational documents
4 Why do we need this additional information?
1. We want to pre screen individuals
2. The registrant (us) has to certify that we are aware that all information is true and correct
3. The Citizenship and Immigration Service might sanction employers for filing frivolous (ie candidates who do not qualify or jobs don’t exist) registration
4. Having practiced Immigration law for 25 years, we have dealt with many instances of Citizenship and Immigration Service going back on promises. If its March 10th, and the Citizenship and Immigration Service website is still malfunctioning, that might be a problem. Therefore, ideally we would like to file the Labor Condition Application. If Citizenship and Immigration Service says they will not conduct the lottery this year, we will be ready with an approved Labor Condition Application.
Moreover, we think the Citizenship and Immigration Service will allow us to include the Labor Condition Application during registration, along with our G-28.
5 What time is good to start the process?
We strongly suggest you let us know the information by February, so that we can be well prepared on March 1st.
6 When will the registration be held?
Citizenship and Immigration Service says it “intends” to notify registrants of the lottery results by March 31, 2020. So the lottery will probably be held between March 21 and March 31.