Today on Thanksgiving I’d like to make a list of the top ten turkey decisions by the Bush created Department of Homeland Security:
10. The decision to raise CIS filing fees: The extra money just goes to waste, and does not create a dent in the economy. Just gets bad press
9. Making the Naturalization test harder: The Republicans are trying hard to become the Populist party, the party of W and Sarah Palin, a Joe the unlicensed Plumber, non thinking people party. A test which is based on concepts rather than rote memorization will only be passed by people who can think. Would those people really vote in populism?
8. Asking the illegal people to surrender themselves to the authorities and go back. Really? What were they thinking
7.Repealing the decision to make illegal people surrender themselves and go back. Now what do you do with the personnel you hired for the project? Not like anyone can loose a Government job. This is not as easy as a Constitutional amendment
6. Decision to raid the Tyson Chicken factory. Now we cant get good chicken, or butterball turkey. There is no one to skin and feather a turkey
5. The decision to make federal contractors sign on to e verify so that employers have to verify new recruits to see whether they have a legal SS number before they start jobs. In case the DHS have not noticed (since no one is loosing jobs at DHS) there is a recession going on and any restrictions placed on work will only further ail the economy. If there are legal people who can do a job, employers would not hire illegal people
4. The Decision to not have anyone bring in a phone that has a camera in any Citizenship and Immigration Office. I have been practicing for 12 years and have yet to see anyone there of whom I’d like to take the pictures. Its not like anyone wants a calendar of pictures of DHS workers
3. The color coded security alarms. Their main purpose is to alarm the population into voting Republican, and we know it did not work. No one understands which color is the most dangerous. Is it purple, or red or indigo?
2. The decision to not allow people to bring in fluids into airplanes. If I can make a bomb out of a bottle of water, a lip gloss and a toothpaste tube, I should be awarded the noble prize. All it does is put in more money in the hands of the airport vendors
1. The decision to have everyone take out their shoes in security check lines in airports. Not only is it humiliating, but dangerous. People can contract foot fungus, and who knows what else. And have they ever found anything dangerous in any shoe ever? The shoe bomber was just a crazy guy who failed.
Contact Houston Immigration Lawyer, Annie Banerjee for more details