My friend is pregnant, has an expired visa and has a green card sponsor who wants to marry her. Is she able to claim medical condition to extend her stay and then convert to a permanent resident?

Her stay in the United States cannot be extended for any reason if her stay has expired, meaning that she is past her due date on Form I-94. However, if she does enter into a legally valid marriage to a U.S. citizen, she may apply for a green card in the U.S. even if she has stayed past her I-94 date.

More FAQs